I can’t think of a single woman who has told me they don’t want better abs. You are better off than you may think. However, to really help you polish off those sexy abs. Let’s take a look at what you are currently doing.
I was taught to be organized in my life. Well, why the heck are most people unorganized when it comes to the gym? NO ONE teaches you how to workout properly. It’s something you either pickup on your own, or you have the good fortune to learn from others.
Go into your workout with a plan. Have a journal with you. List each exercise, and how many reps you are going to do. The other option is listing the exercise and the weight you’d like to use. After the exercise is over, you can record how many reps you got in.
Obviously women and men have different builds. Confusion comes into play when deciding what to do for a workout. Although abs are great, I know many women who are worried they’ll get manly looking abs. Don’t fret over this ladies. Your body was built the way it is for a reason. You won’t look like a man! The main difference is how we acquire our abs.
My second post “All Abs. All Truth. All Gains. What you need to know and how to get them.” has a fantastic routine for sculpting Greek-Like abs. If this is not quite what you are ready for I recommend cutting the rep range in half at the start.
Here are some effective and fun exercises for bringing out those abs. I highly encourage a workout buddy. It’s a great way to make your workout faster and more enjoyable. Be sure you keep each other focused 🙂
- Exercise Ball Crunch 1-3 sets; 12-15 reps.
- Bicycle Crunches 1-3 sets; 15-20 reps. **My favorite**
- Scissor Kicks 1-3 sets; 15-30 reps.
- Ab Plank 1:00-2:00 minutes. “Got 3:00 minutes? Then start using my the other plan :)”
- Leg Lifts 1-3 sets; 15-30 reps. (Not to be confused with the upright exercise) For an extra challenge, put a medicine ball between your feet.
- Reverse Crunches 1-3 sets; 15-30 reps.
- Ballet Twist 1-2 sets; 8-12 reps
- Supermans (Superwomen in this case) 1-2 sets; 8-10 reps. This is a lower back exercise. It’s important to match the strength of your abs with your low back.\
Ab workouts can be performed after every session. I recommend doing them at the very end of your routine. This is how I stay in my current condition. The only day I do not do an ab workout is Sunday. They are a beastly muscle group with incredible recovery time.
I will continually have new stuff coming out every week. So check back often and follow on twitter @bassemier
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to do so at the bottom of the page or at email@example.com
Important Nutrition Tips.
That much needed motivation.
And much, MUCH MORE!